Shifting...

A blog about my cutie pies (doggies) Peapea and Buibui
I'm still in the midst of shifting my content from my old blog...

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Movie Review : New Moon





Synopsis from IMDB::
Bella Swan is still very much in love with vampire, Edward Cullen. The rest of the vampire coven who call themselves the Cullens, especially Alice, decide to throw Bella a private party for her eighteenth birthday. Things go wrong when Bella slices her finger and thirst overcomes the vampires. As a result of the danger Bella was put through, the Cullen family decide to leave Forks, Washington. At first Bella exempts herself from all social activities, until she realizes she can coexist with childhood friend, Jacob Black. As usual for Bella, things aren't what they seem. Something is happening to Jacob that he can't explain to Bella, and their friendship starts to deteriorate. But when someone from Bella's past comes back to haunt her, everything will change again.





It's the 2nd book(movie) from the Twilight saga... New moon is the most boring book in the saga(Consist of 4 books).. but at the same time, it also the book that intro us about the other characters... werewolf!

The movie follow the book very closely... but with much lesser details compare to the book! If I didn't read the book.. I will be abit confuse about the wolf gangs(they didn't say much... just wanna put out in the movie that they have werewolf in this saga! lolx)

The part where Bella dash and hug Edwards while trying to get him off the sunlight/crowds... they didn't explained really well too where Edwards thought he was dead and he was being with Bella and ects.... it just a blur of mess!

Oh and I also didn't feel any protection or how protective Edwards was over Bella when the 2 shadows come into the scene.

I'm abit disappointed with the Volturi gangs also...
In my mind.. I pic Aro to be much taller, skinner.. kinda like the scream guy (in the famous painting "The scream".. is that the name?)... lolx.. but I don't mind the movie Aro.. much classy~

But they didn't say much about Marcus and Caius.. I remember Marcus can see relationship among ppls/vampires and Caius can see the potential of a talent(If I didn't remember wrongly) ... what a waste, Oh and swan laughed... saying they are just some extra sitting behind! lolx

But Dakota Fanning was so pretty being Jane(she was perfect for the role. Only abit too grown up!!) And I just can't believe Dakota have become so beautiful!!

Oh one more thing... the movie version Jacob... oh boy, he was so puff up!! His man breast was abit scary! wahahahhaa... but his whole macho body does make the pale skinny Edwards look more gayish~ hahahahha

Anyway.. the 2nd movie was much better then the first... the cinematography was way better and it didn't cut out too much from the book (just some minior details here and there.. I think they will try to explain it well in Eclipse..)

Anyway... the movie pace was slow but in a comfortable speed(not too boring).. if they add in more details this would be a nice movie(But I guess it hard to put so much information in a 2hrs ++ movie!)

My Rating : 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment