Shifting...

A blog about my cutie pies (doggies) Peapea and Buibui
I'm still in the midst of shifting my content from my old blog...

Friday, August 21, 2009

Movie reviews: Orphan and 吓倒笑 (Where Got Ghost?)

I blogged about my sunday tiny little family outing, with watching 2 movies back2back at Suntec Eng Wah cinema complex.

OK, here's the reviews!



Orphan 2009


Synopsis fr IMDB::
A husband and wife who recently lost their baby adopt a 9-year-old girl who is not nearly as innocent as she claims to be.






Before I watched this movie, I have 3 conclusions::
1) If this was a ghost movie- The little orphan girl was being processed by ghost.
2) If this was a sci-fi movie- Voodoos!! Souls exchanging (kinda like skeleton key)
3) If this was just a normal horror movie- than the little girl is not a girl but an adult!
(And one of my guesses was true(not going to say which one... cos I don't wanna spoil the excitment for those who haven't watch!!)

Nothing surprising when you watched too many horror movies and kinda knew every possiblity for the ending!! I need something fresh and different! lolx But for someone who don't, this is pretty interesting movie!

Take xiaomei for an example:: We always jokes about she having a mental peoples magnet because met ALOT of somewhat "crazy" ppls.!! And after she finished this movie... it keep haunting her... lolx..

She say this might actually happen to her (on her high percentage of meeting crazy peoples!!!) And this was the reason she find this movie scary!! lolx




My Rating: 7.9/10

===================================================================

吓倒笑(Where got ghost?) (


This is a local movie by our local comedy king's Jack Neo(as what they say la... lolx... use to watched his show when I was little... it's funny at that time and kinda get more and more dragful when I grow up! (Maybe his humous too old school for me? I never really get local joke, I find it abit flat sometimes! lolx

Anyway this movie was divided in 3 segments "Roadside Got Ghost", "Forest Got Ghost" and "House Got Ghost".

All 3 movies were really simple... tales telling about dos and don'ts on chinese culture and ghosts(well, if you into ghost related movies and you are chinese, the custom about respect the deads are all basic and I bet you knew about it already.)

Nothing special about this movie, I feel that the plots were really old, go watch some Hongkong early 90s horror movies... you get more interesting stories compare to this!

The only funny part where alot of locals like about this movie were the local humous(which I don't really like). I only laugh at the part where the boss ask his posse why the oranges were tasteless... and his reply "It's sugarfree" lolx...




My Rating:: 5/10




My next post would be Wednesday outing + GI Joe Movie review!

No comments:

Post a Comment